Thursday, February 04, 2010

Day of FAIL, Night of WIN!

In case you didn't already know, my life is very glamorous.  Here's the play by play on a semi-typical night.

 
7pm - Day of FAIL! Plans in place to transform into Night of WIN!  Champagne chilling (Editor's note: Martini & Rossi Asti, my current fave).  Cleaning counterspace for making doughnuts.

730pm - Started doughnuts and drinking champagne.  My Life in Ruins is on, and laughter should be coming shortly.

758pm - First laugh of the evening.  The creepy innkeeper hits on what's-her-face (Editor's note: Nia Vardalos) to try to convince her to sleep with him in order to pay for postage.

830pm - Realized I got Italian bread instead of pizza crust.  Oh well.  Mmm bread!  What's-her-face (Editor's note: Nia Vardalos)  looks pretty hot in this movie.

9pm - There is beauty in a good long marriage.  Beauty I would like to see first hand.

908pm- Movie ends.  But there's still wine, bread's coming out of the oven, and the doughnuts aren't even frosted yet!  Putting in Post Grad.

933pm - Doughnuts are done! Complete with Valentine's day Sprinkles! I laugh at the Nestle warning label: Do not consume raw cookie dough.

941pm - Damn... this dude is hot. (Editor's Note: Said dude is Zach Gilford.) Like Channing Tatum hot. The scale is going to hate me in the morning.  Michael Keaton is hilarious. Oh man -that's the guy from Love Actually. Hottie alert. (Editor's note: Said hottie is Rodrigo Santoro.) Tonight has been awesome. Making doughnuts was really found.
950 pm- Maybe this movie is funnier than I thought.
10:02 -  Now out of champagne.  Yeah, definitely funnier than expected.  They are burying a dead cat in a pizza box... to the tune of "Memory" ... from Cats.

10:09 Oh yeah, that feels good.  PJs are WAY past due.  So glad that this guy (Editor's Note: this guy = Love Actually hottie) ends up half naked in all the movies I've seen him in. Michael Keaton is HILARIOUS. First LOL tonight.

10:22 - Good anthem song (Editor's note: "One Day" by Jack Savoretti). Wow she (Editor's note: Alexis Bledel) has REALLY blue eyes. Like my sister's.

10:52 - Smiling like a moron. What a glorious feeling.  I miss it.


Well, there you have it folks.  Don't you wish you could be me?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm sorry I totally missed your evening tweets! I've been trying to go to bed early (ie by 9:30) because I've been waking up WAY too early lately. Of course, that didn't stop me from laying in bed at least an hour unable to sleep,a dn then waking up at 5:30 this mroning.

Ann said...

Yeah, you've had a rough week too. I totally understand. Fortunately the night was just what the doctor ordered.